Saturday, March 21, 2009

Background

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Background...I have decided, at age 58, to have my teeth straightened. Today was my first appointment with the orthodontist. I have paid for braces for Jennifer once and twice for Julie.

I have to thank Julie in helping me make this decision. Last August Julie began her Invisalign treatment and over the past months I have seen such an improvement in her teeth. So, I decided it was my turn.

I did some research and wanted an orthodontist that had a "Premier Provider Elite" rating. (A "Premier Provider Elite" has achieved an extraordinary level of Invisalign case experience.)

This is the web address for Invisalign if you would like further information... http://www.invisalign.com/WhatIs/Pages/HowMade.aspx

My initial appointment was in November 2008. I met with the orthodontist for about 20 minutes. At that meeting he explained how Invisalign works and checked my teeth. We discussed my overbite and he explained that Invisalign will correct most of my overbite and of course, straighten my my top and bottom teeth. We also discussed cost and payment options.

My next appointment is February 11, 2009. At that appointment I will meet with the technician regarding the diagnostics, the doctor regarding the treatment plan, of course the technician who will be taking the dreaded impressions, and payment will be discussed.

When I told my Julie I was interested in Invisaligns she chuckled and chuckled (knowing what I probably will be going through). Jennifer thought it was a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment