Sunday, March 22, 2009

End of Week One

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It has been one week since I started wearing my Invisalign trays. I have had a bad cold and sinus this past week but decided not to postpone the starting of my trays.

Wednesday...I put my trays on before I went to bed. I seem to be having trouble with my bottom tray...I can't get it aligned in my mouth without taking them in and out several times...it takes me at least three-four tries before they fit in. Top trays just snap right in.

Thursday...I began the dry mouth...drank alot of water then I seemed to dribble out the side of my mouth when I talked. I do have a headache but am attributing the headache to my cold. My back molar was sensitive and my tongue was sore. It appears my tongue was rubbing on a ruff edge of the bottom tray so I filed the edge smooth. Oh, and no one at work noticed my Invisaligns.....yah!

Friday...I am learning to ignore the trays in my mouth. Still have dry mouth but not as bad and still having trouble putting in the bottom tray.

Saturday...my dry mouth has disappeared but I still have a headache...I am hoping it is not from the Invisalign. By Saturday evening I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my fitting my bottom tray to my teeth. I was trying to fit the tray to the back molars first instead of lining the tray up with my front bottom teeth. Now I line the tray to my front bottom teeth and the tray just snapped in.

Sunday...the trays are beginning to feel normal. I noticed I do pronouonce some of my words more distinctly. I don't have any type of a lisp unless I talk too fast. My headache seems to be subsidding...must have been the cold.

The first week of my Invisaligns has gone so fast with little problems. I am going to clean the trays twice a week with a solution I purchased from the orthodontics. Otherwise, I clean the trays with my electric toothbrush and a little bit of toothpaste. I don't even need to look into a mirror when I am putting my trays in my mouth. (I think I am in the "honeymoon" phase.)

My next update will be in two weeks when I switch trays...on to trays #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment